Redi-Ice is a completely mechanical attachment designed to fit any standard carbon dioxide cylinder with a syphon tube. Consisting of nozzle, cone and collection bag. Redi-Ice provides dry ice quickly...anywhere...when needed.
* You must use a CO2 cylinder equipped with a syphon tube. (Efficiency over 25%)
* Attach Redi-Ice to carbon dioxide cylinder equipped with a syphon tube. (CO2 bottles are available in several sizes, but 50 pound size is most economical.) A fiber washer is provided for a safe, leakproof connection.
* Slide collection bag onto open end of Redi-Ice cone and secure clamp. Collection bag can be handheld in position if desired provided that precautions have been taken to protect hands from low temperatures.
* Open CO2 cylinder valve 3/4 of a turn or less and collection bag is immediately filled with dry ice.
* When bag is filled, close vale and tap Redi-ice cone gently to remove any clinging ice. Ice may be hard packed while in the collection bag or left in its naturally occuring flakes condition.
Note: Occasionally there is a tendency for static electricity to build up with high pressure CO2 bottles but it is not a hazardous condition.